Friday, August 30, 2013

The Never Ending Birthday - Part 1

Hi all. Yep, that's right.  My birthday, which was on the 18th, seems to be ongoing!
On Wednesday, my friend Mimi aka R. M. Martz and I went on a little road trip up to Doylestown, Pa. to visit with one of her Artist/Painter friends.  We went to pick up an early American Folk Art sign that my husband had purchased for me for my birthday, 
with the help of Mimi. 
Peter DiScala of Strafford House creates the most amazing hand painted signs.
They look very original and old and when we walked into his carriage house studio to get the one my hubby had ordered, let me just say, I was speechless which rarely happens :)

Here is the sign I got for my birthday!
RumGin and a biscuit please......:)

I picked out a spot atop our antique grain bin in our sunroom, but I have already moved it and want to hang it on the focal wall upstairs.
























I also grabbed one of his cards while there and if you get a chance to visit his website or facebook page, you will not be disappointed.

When I was looking around I just couldn't resist treating myself to another of his wonderful signs and ended up bringing this one home too.  I don't usually buy myself a birthday gift, but felt I just couldn't leave this one behind.  Have you ever felt like that?  
  WOOLENS ~AND~ LINENS.  
Oh yeah, that said it all !
I decided to hang this one over the green 
grain bin instead.
x x x x
I also got lots of great gifts from Mimi, 
but that will be part 2.
I'll be back to show you them as soon as I can.
Happy Friday, ~ Nan

16 comments:

camp and cottage living said...

Belated Happy B'Day, Nan!
I like both of your signs!

Sandra said...

With presents like that, I would want to continue my birthday indefinitely as well. Good for you!
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

Jan Gartlan said...

What delightful presents. Happy Bday for the 18th. My bday is the 17th so we are nearly twins LOL. Your home decor looks really beautiful with the signs

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Nan,
Since a Birthday comes but once a year, why not celebrate as long as you can, yes?? Enjoy it!
Love your signs but especially the millinery one....swoon!!
Glad you are having a wonderful Birthday month!!!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Unknown said...

That wonderful purchases you did! I think its a good idea to make gifts to our own birthday instill who knows our tastes better than ourselves?!I for example I have a few friends (apart from Isabella) who share this passion with me and understand it, the other looks at me amazed stitching at the park or wherever I am ....

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Nan - I hope you had a lovely Birthday xx

denise said...

well,Happy Birthday to you! hope you had a wonderful day.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Awesome gift--will be visiting his site--he needs to do a sign for us crazy stitchers

Chris said...

What fabulous signs!!

Sweet Sue said...

Happy Belated Stitchy Birthday Nan! Nice sign choices, sounds like trip was fun:)

Raymond Homestead said...

Great signs!

moosecraft said...

Awesome signs! I think I need me one of the General Store signs! lol! Love that studio...

Mouse said...

ohhhh happpyyyy belated birthday and just love those signs ... will have to see if any one does them this side of the pond :)
love mouse xxxxxx

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I'd want to celebrate my B-day every day if I got
Awesome gifts like those ~ LOVE them!!!
Happy Belated Birthday!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Wow, what an awesome birthday gift! =] Love both of those signs! Happy belated Birthday... shoot, I think you should continue celebrating, hehe~

Sharon said...

Such cool signs, love them! Happy Birthday again! ;-)