Thursday, May 2, 2013

Progress on the New Start

Today was just the most beautiful day here
in Philadelphia.  I sat outside for awhile
catching some rays, but mostly got
a lot of stitching done on my
new mini sampler.
Here's the progress I made.























This is very different for me as 
I usually don't stitch in such pastel
colors, but I like calming look of it. 
I have a few more alphabets to stitch
and then to work on the finishing.
So, let me know what you think.
x x x
While I was outside today I caught the
heavenly smell of our lilacs in full 
bloom, so I cut a few to bring inside
and put in the kitchen window.
   I put them in one of the old mason jars
I just bought when I was antiquing
in Mullica Hill, N.J. with my pal,  
Mimi and friends.
I love the blue color of the jar with
the reddish purple of the blooms
and oh, the kitchen smells so wonderful
every time I walk in there.
x  x  x
I hope you all had a wonderful day
and got to smell some Spring 
 flowers too.
Thanks for your visit!
Smiles, 
~Nan
             
 

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I like what I am seeing in your mini sampler so far, Nan! I like the design and the colors.

Happy almost Friday!

Robin in Virginia

Pamela said...

Beautiful colors and a lovely sampler! Can't wait to see your finish.

Pam

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your little sampler is very sweet! I am still waiting for my lilacs to bloom but oh, they are heavenly!

backporchcarver said...

I am totally in love with this little sampler, can hardly wait to see the finish.

marly said...

I'm not a pastel girl but when they are muted and dusty like these on an aged linen - fabulous. I love this design.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Lilacs are not yet blooming in northern Ohio, but with a few more days like today it won't be long. Mine always end up in mason jar, too.
Sweet little sampler!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I can just imagine how wonderful your kitchen must smell. What inspriation those lilacs must be. In a future sampler?????? I really like the pastels that you went with in your new piece. How lovely.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

She is sweet and serene in her 'age.'

Pat said...

I love how the pastels gives the pieces the look of an well loved antique.

Deb said...

The new sampler is beautiful Nan, love the pastels! And lilacs already, lucky you. They are perfect in your antique mason jar! Deb

msmartello said...

Hi Nan,

Great new design. Can't wait to see it finished. I absolutely love Lilacs and I can't believe the difference between yours and ours. Mine are just beginning to come out. But can't wait till they do. Another few weeks and I'll have a vase full too.Have a great week!

Maureen