Friday, April 9, 2010

Crow Sampler Box


This was one of the most fun little patterns to stitch. 
It's a freebie from primitivebettys.  She is so generous 
and so creative.  I am a big fan of her designs.

Well, I stitched this on some 32 ct raw linen using
overdyed floss of Onyx and Palomino.  The box is
 covered with reproduction fabric and I lined the lid with
a vintage love letter and painted the inside a dark brown.

I love making strawberry fobs, so I made one
to match the box.  It's made from some antiqued linen
and has a brown herringbone wool top. 

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend and I plan to 
do some more stitching outside in the garden. 
Just thinking of it makes me smile.
Wishing all of you a weekend full of smiles.
~Nan

11 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your work as always.:)

Joy said...

Love your stitching...and the boxes are wonderful! One of my favorite places to stitch is in the garden. Just a little more "clean up" today and I'll be ready. Enjoy this beautiful weekend!

The Eveningstitcher said...

I love your work, Nan! It's amazing how much stitching you accomplish..beautiful! Love your blog!

Faye said...

Your finish is beatuful~~ Faye

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I love seeing your warm creativity and lovely stitching!

~Judy~ said...

This is wonderful!! Love it!~

Karen said...

OMG....I just love this! You do know your primitive!!! I think I am going to have to steal another great finish from you....definitely want to give this one a try!

CindyMae said...

Love the stitching and your finishing is just simply wonderful!

Deb said...

That came out wonderful. You have some wonderful ideas!

clob said...

ho i love so much the colors you have choice for this freebie !!!!
and the finishing to !!!!

j'aime tout .. c'est très joli!

wisteriagirl said...

Will you be putting this box on your Etsy for sale? Love it!! Cindy