Sunday, September 20, 2009

Garden Inspired Ditty Bag

As fall arrives the flowers in my garden have all past their best. But there is one flower that is a real joy to look out on right now and that is my sedum. I guess that is why the variety is called Autumn Joy.
These colors were the inspiration for the drawstring ditty bag I've recently completed. I love the pinky mauves of the florets and the blueish green of the leaves. I used 3 different shades of pink for the berries and stitched it on a misty blue linen that has been stained.

The top section is osnaburg and it's lined with an brown and cream ticking, which I've also stained. I did a little bit of decorative stitching and added a chain stitch to separate the osnaburg from the blue linen.


This was a fun bag to stitch up and hope you enjoyed taking a peek. As alway, happy stitching.
Nan

3 comments:

Deb said...

Very, very cute ditty bag!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

beautiful bag and I love the autumn joy..it is blooming all over my yard and I LOVE the colors.:)

Robby said...

What can I say????...well I am using your word....WOW!!!!! xxxRobby